"The Starbridge was the state of the art when it was first released nearly two decades ago, but the latest version leaves it for dead. Improved engines and turning capabilities, as well as vastly increased offensive and defensive systems, ensure that this ship is on the wish-list of nearly every freighter captain in the galaxy." ― Buying a Mod StarbridgeThe Mod Starbridge is a more combat-capable version of the Starbridge. It comes with more weaponry, energy, weapons space, and more shields and armor. It can be yours for only 50,000 credits more if you buy the upgrade on Earth. Many players recommend this ship as it is fast, durable, and, with upgrades, a competent warship. It is sometimes also known as the Chrome Valkyrie, for reasons known only to its creators.
"It's a Starbridge, but better. Not only does this ship just plain look meaner, what with the big friggin' guns on the side, but it is also enhanced in practically every way. The Mod Starbridge Class E is the most powerful civillian ship you can get in the game." ― EVula Survival Guide
- Mod Starbridges can sometimes be found for sale on New Ireland.
- Sell all of the outfits on your Starbridge before you buy the upgrade — you can make the price of the upgrade back and make some added cash. Once you buy the upgrade, it comes with its own weapons and upgrades, regardless of what you've already sold.
- One strategy for using this ship is to deck it out with all of the Sigma upgrades, 2 Medium Blaster Turrets, sell the Jammers, buy as many Medium Blasters as possible, and buy Carbon Fiber and Matrix Steel with the remaining space. This combination can be very effective. You may also, instead of buying turrets, focus more on unturreted weaponry for the extra firepower.
- Another strategy involves the use of four Thunderhead Lances as primary weapons and an afterburner to rapidly close with heavier ships. Although somewhat weak against smaller ships, a mod Starbridge with four Lances can take out entire carriers by itself.
- Yet another very effective strategy is to strip all of the stock weapons off of the ship and replace them with four 100mm railguns. This will leave enough room for solar panels, the civilian IR and Radar jammers, an afterburner and a few layers of carbon fiber. Sigma mass additions can be used to provide space for secondary weapons. This configuration can take out a Pirate Carrier without having its shields dropped.
- The Mod Starbridge comes with 7 jumps standard range; if you add 4 Battery Packs, get the Sigma upgrades, and top it off with an afterburner, you have one fine 12-jump trading ship. With weapons/outfits of your choice, the Starbridge can make a very good ship, albeit expensive.
- Another good strategy is combining the 2nd and 3rd strategies. First capture a class E mod then strip all the stock weapons. Second buy 6 100mm railguns. Third buy a sigma mount reinforcement and sigma mass addition. Fourth buy 4 thunderhead lances and that's it :)
- It's worth noting that the Class E Mod Starbridge only comes with 3 tons of cargo space, so you'll have to either buy a Cargo Retool or Expansion if you plan on doing missions in it.
- Note that unlike the Starbridge, all Mod Starbridges take two days per hyperspace jump.
|Civilians|| Civilian Ships: Cargo Drone (v) (i) 2k as escort only, Shuttle (v) (i) 10k, Heavy Shuttle (v) (i) 17.5k, Viper (v) (i) 80k, Asteroid Miner (i) 150k, Terrapin (v) (i) 150k, Lightning (WG) (v) (i) 250k, Thunderhead (v) (i) 300k, Valkyrie (v) (i) 350k, Star Liner (v) (i) 500k, Starbridge (v) (i) 600k (Modified (v) (i) 750k), IDA Frigate (v) (i) 750k, Pegasus (v) (i) 2M, Leviathan (v) (i) 12M |
Civilian Outfits • Civilian Weapons • Federation Licenses
|Side Missions||Cunjo Hunt • Escort Band • GLi-Tech (Missions) • Launch Probe • Sigma Shipyards (Main Missions • Repeatable Missions) • Temmin Shard • Terraforming • Tutorial • United Shipping (Main Missions • Repeatable Missions)|
|Other Missions||Derelicts • Duels • Revenge • Punishment • Blow Stuff Up|
|Bounty Hunters||Bounty Hunters Storyline (Minor Storyline • Auroran Link • Rebel Link)|
|Wild Geese||Wild Geese Storyline (Preamble • Intro Missions • Path 1 • Path 2 • Auroran Link • Association Link)|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.